Leaving Law: How Others Did It & How You Can Too
Kindle & Paperback on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1515227006
"Inspiring, insightful and in-depth. The most valuable element for me: affirmation that I was not alone in my thoughts and feelings - and that change was possible." (Former Magic Circle trainee)
Dream of making partner at your law firm? If so, then this book isn't for you. (Same thing applies if you adored every single minute of law school.)
Yet if you were only going to do the lawyer thing until you figured out what you were really going to do with your life... you're in luck.
This is the ultimate companion for lawyers who want to escape their profession but are sceptical about career counsellors. It is based on years of experience helping hundreds of confused lawyers at Escape the City, a community of motivated corporate professionals who want to do something different with their careers.
Easy to read, it has inspiring anecdotes, frameworks from internationally leading career change experts, and immediately actionable tips and exercises to help you build a strategy for your career transition.
"This made me question and confront my long-term career aspirations and motivations. It gave me that inner confidence, strength and realisation that my career goals were not but lofty ideals but attainable and necessary for my self-fulfillment and development. Most importantly, it presented crucial, constructive advice that allowed me to make an informed decision regarding my career as a City solicitor." (Former Silver Circle finance associate)
In this guide, you'll discover:
- Insights from ex-lawyers who left Linklaters, Hogan Lovells, DLA Piper, Simmons & Simmons, CMS Cameron McKenna, and Squire Sanders, among other prominent City law firms.
- The real meaning behind any 'quarter life crisis' and how to move through feeling stuck
- How to increase your understanding of why becoming a lawyer can make a person unhappy
- How to stop beating yourself up for not 'knowing' what you want to do next
- The secret tool for increasing your inner clarity and strength
- The 3 common self-sabotage scenarios hindering career change
- Why 21st century career construction is different to what our parents experienced
- Why entrepreneurs think differently to lawyers
- What to look for when searching for fulfilling work
- The 3 main concepts of career reinvention
- How to stop using money as an excuse not to quit
- Practical ways to address the financial insecurity of legal career change
- Actionable suggestions on building your financial runway
- Advice from world-leading career change experts.
- Links to over 25 of the best books, blogs, and resources on getting unstuck and getting inspired for your career change.
- And much, much more.